Building Bridges not Pipelines
Third International Conference on Practice Research, June 9-11, 2014. Silberman School of Social Work at Hunter College, New York City.
Third International Conference on Practice Research
June 9-11, 2014
Silberman School of Social Work at Hunter College
New York City
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
A persistent metaphor for linking social work research and practice is "building a bridge". However, prevailing strategies for doing so come closer to "digging a pipeline"-- with all knowledge flowing from academic researchers to social work practitioners and ultimately to the people who use social work services. But real bridges support two-way traffic, and social work knowledge-building should do the same.
The purpose of this conference is to promote innovative, flexible and truly collaborative practice-research strategies that engage academic researchers and social work practitioners in a productive dialogue rather than a conflict over research-based "versus" practice-based knowledge-development paradigms. It is intended to bring our most inventive national and international thinkers together to learn from each other rather than to set them apart.
Sjá nánar á:
10. nóv 2017Yfirlýsing frá fagdeild félagsráðgjafa í barnavernd
28. sep 2017Social Work in Iceland: Development, Programme, Professional Status and Present Challenges
22. sep 2017Fjárhagsaðstoð og flóttafólk - fræðsla vikunnar
08. sep 2017Kjaraviðræður við ríkið eru hafnar
07. jún 2017Vel heppnuð Evrópuráðstefna félagsráðgjafa í Hörpu 28. til 30. maí
15. maí 2017Vel heppnaður starfsdagur félagsráðgjafa í barnavernd
11. maí 2017Morgunverðarfundur: Félagsþjónusta á tímamótum
19. sep 2016Skráning á Evrópuráðstefnu félagsráðgjafa í maí 2017
13. apr 2017Fundur með Óttarri Proppé, heilbrigðisráðherra, 12. apríl 2017
10. apr 2017Nýtt fagráð Fagdeild félagsráðgjafa í félagsþjónustu kosið í dag